STAVANGER -- The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has given StatoilHydro consent to conduct a major modification on Troll B. The purpose of the project is to compensate for a water influx from the south.
The project consists of two gas injection wells in the southwestern flank of the Troll Vest Gas Province TVGP, seabed gas pipeline, as well as a signal cable and associated flexible risers.
StatoilHydro will also install a new riser balcony and conduct minor modifications on the facility Troll B. Through the modifications, the company hopes to extend the life span for the field’s wells, increasing oil production and recovery rates.
The scope of work for the project includes:
• Clearing and preparing of offshore site
• Shipping and transportation of riser balcony
• Lifting of riser balcony
• Fabrication of riser balcony
• New crane
• Connection work and completion
• Testing and commissioning
• Rock dumping
• Laying of 12-in. (30-cm) pipes
• Installation of two well structures.
Installation work on Troll B will be carried out while the facility is in normal operation. According to the plan, the modification work will be completed by the end of 2010.