LYSAKER, Norway – Aker BP and its partner Pandion Energy have submitted the plan for development and operation for the Hod field in the southern Norwegian North Sea to the Ministry of Petroleum and Energy.
Hod is among the first projects to be realized under the recent temporary changes to the Norwegian petroleum tax system.
The field will be developed with a normally unmanned wellhead platform, Hod B, tied-back to and remotely controlled from the Valhall field center. Kvaerner Verdal will construct the steel jacket and topsides.
The platform will be delivered with an electric lifeboat that is monitored from the Valhall field center. Both the crane and seawater pump are electric and receive power from shore. All of this contributes to reduced need for maintenance, Aker BP said.
Five wells with side tracks will be drilled to increase recovery. Recoverable reserves are estimated at 40 MMboe. Production is expected to start in 1Q 2022.
The investment estimate is $600 million.
Aker BP is the operator with 90% ownership interest. Pandion Energy holds the remaining 10% interest.
The original Hod platform was the first unmanned platform on the Norwegian continental shelf when it started production in 1990. It is no longer in service and will be removed after the wells have been permanently plugged.