Seadrill issues rig status report
Seadrill has issued an update on recent contract awards for its offshore drilling fleet.
HAMILTON, Bermuda – Seadrill has issued an update on recent contract awards for its offshore drilling fleet.
Among the highlights during 3Q:
- Equinor exercized the first two of seven options for the ultra-deepwater drillshipWest Saturn, which will now work off Brazil until 3Q 2019. The same company contracted the semisubmersible West Hercules for a program of two firm wells plus nine options, three of which have been exercised, starting in summer 2019.
- Gulf Drilling International contracted the jackupWest Tucana for two firm wells offshore Qatar plus three options.
- LLOG extended the ultra-deepwater drillshipWest Neptune’s contract in the Gulf of Mexico by 12 months, with the rig set to be employed until December 2019.
- ENI exercized options for three wells for the ultra-deepwater drillshipWest Gemini off Angola, with the rig due to be employed until 2Q 2019.
- Petronas contracted the ultra-deepwater drillshipWest Carina for two wells starting next month.
- Walter Oil & Gas extended its hire of the semisubSevan Louisiana in the US GoM to cover two further wells.
Seadrill added that it has commitments for eight newbuild jackups remaining with the Dalian shipyard. Talks continue with Dalian concerning delivery or cancellation of these rigs.