An audit earlier this year highlighted regulatory non-conformities concerning the diverter system in the BOP stack; pressure control equipment; and operatorStatoil’s follow-up and assessment of maintenance, maintenance effectiveness, and maintenance history in the drilling facility.
In addition, the audit team found room for improvement in the following:
- Certified well-control competence for individual job positions
- Roles and requirements for competence concerning risk assessments
- Identification and description of safety-critical tasks
- Information for the safety delegate service
- Information dissemination and employee participation in connection with change processes.
The PSA has given Statoil until Sept. 25 to respond on how it intends to deal with the non-conformities.