Deepwater well Double Mountain reaches TD

The Double Mountain exploration well in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico reached the targeted Lower Miocene objective and found noncommercial quantities of hydrocarbons, partner Noble Energy reports.

Offshore staff

HOUSTON -- The Double Mountain exploration well in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico reached the targeted Lower Miocene objective and found noncommercial quantities of hydrocarbons, partner Noble Energy reports. Drilled to 33,815 ft (10,307 m) TD on Green Canyon block 555, the well is currently being plugged and abandoned.

BHP Billiton operated the well with 70% interest and Noble Energy held the remaining 30%.

4/22/2010

More in Drilling & Completion