Eni confirms gas find off Borneo

Eni has succeeded with its third well in the Jangkrik gas field in the Muara Bakau permit offshore Borneo.

Offshore staff

MILAN, Italy – Eni has succeeded with its third well in the Jangkrik gas field in the Muara Bakau permit offshore Borneo. Eni says the field holds more than 1.4 tcf of gas in place.

The most recent well, Jangkrik-3 70 km (43 mi) off eastern Borneo in 416 m (1,365 ft) of water reached TD of 2,849 m (9,347 ft) and found more than 60 m (197 ft) of net pay.

Further exploration is planned for 2011.

Eni, through its Indonesian affiliate, operates the Muara Bakau permit with 55% share, with partner GDF SUEZ holding the remaining 45%. The Joint Venture has begun studies for the fasttrack development of the discovered gas to the nearby Bontang LNG plant, where Eni owns spare processing capacity.

12/16/2010

More in Drilling & Completion