OGX, Maersk hit pay in prolific Santos basin

Well 1-MRK-2A-SPS in block BM-S-29 offshore Brazil has hit pay, according to OGX Petróleo e Gás Participações (OGX).

Offshore staff

RIO DE JANEIRO -- Well 1-MRK-2A-SPS in block BM-S-29 offshore Brazil has hit pay, according to OGX Petróleo e Gás Participações (OGX). OGX holds a 65% interest in the Santos basin concession, operator Maersk Oil holds the remaining 35%.

The semisub Sovereign Explorer drilled the well in a water depth of 100 m (328 ft).

“This evidence in Brazil’s most promising basin represents an important achievement for OGX,” says Paulo Mendonça, OGX’s general executive officer. “The drilling of well 1-MRK-2A-SPS is still in progress and the gathering of additional data will be necessary to determine the significance of the shows.”

10/02/2009

More in Drilling & Completion