RDS to provide Peregrino Phase 2 deepwater oil FEED to Statoil

Statoil has named RDS to perform front-end engineering design for a fixed drilling rig to be part of Peregrino Phase 2 development offshore Brazil.

Offshore staff

ABERDEEN, Scotland –Statoil (OSE:STL, NYSE:STO) has named RDS to perform front-end engineering design for a fixed drilling rig to be part of Peregrino Phase 2 development offshore Brazil.

The field contains 300 to 600 MMboe recoverable with a significant upside. Statoil holds a 60% stake in Peregrino, with the remaining 40% by Sinochem Group.

RDS is KCA Deutag’s engineering branch, and KCA won a four-year contract earlier this year from Statoil for drilling operations, maintenance services, and engineering support, for a total of seven platform drilling rigs on the Norwegian continental shelf.

For a detailed look at Statoil’s Peregrino development plans,click here.

8/16/2012

More in Drilling & Completion