Eni hits gas off Sicily

Eni has made a gas discover with the Cassiopea 1 well in the Scilian Strait in 560 m (1,837 ft) of water.

Offshore staff

MILAN, Italy -- Eni has made a gas discover with the Cassiopea 1 well in the Scilian Strait in 560 m (1,837 ft) of water.

Gas reserves associated with the discovery are estimated at approximately 16 bcm and preliminary tests show production of around 190,000 cm/d of gas, the company says.

For the Cassiopea field, which is integrated with the Panda and Argo fields through subsea systems, the company is evaluating an accelerated development to create synergies with other neighboring production sites.

Eni operates Cassiopea with a 60% working interest. Edison holds the remaining 40%.

07/22/2008

More in Drilling & Completion