Petrobras confirms more pre-salt oil

Petrobras has confirmed earlier reports of a natural gas/light oil discovery in ultra deepwater Santos basin in block BM-S-24 well 1-BRSA-559A-RJS.

Offshore staff

RIO DE JANEIRO, Brazil --Petrobras has confirmed earlier reports of a natural gas/light oil discovery in ultra deepwater Santos basin in block BM-S-24 well 1-BRSA-559A-RJS.

Some 290 km (180 mi) offshore, the Jupiter well is 37 km (23 mi) east of Tupi in 2,187 m (7,175 ft) of water.

Petrobras is operator with 80% interest in the block. Galp Energia holds the remaining 20%.

09/25/2008

More in Drilling & Completion