STAVANGER, Norway --At the Offshore Northern Seas conference and exhibition this week in Stavanger, Weatherford International Ltd. is featuring several new and emerging technologies from its upstream services.
Included in these presentations are case histories from projects in the North Sea. These projects include the following:
* A cost-savings application in Talisman/North Sea Clyde field of Weatherford's Revolution and PrecisionLWD systems
* A highly deviated open-hole logging in extreme conditions for BP in Mungo field
* Application of a multilateral/expandable sand screen combination for BP West of Shetlands
* Use of the QuickCut milling system in Shearwater field
* A $5-million savings by using an automatic water shutoff system to return a BP subsea well to production and avoiding the need for a second well intervention.