Lundin hits on first Malaysian wildcat

Lundin Petroleum says it has scored a hit in its first every exploration well offshore Sabah, East Malaysia.

Offshore staff

STOCKHOLM, Sweden – Lundin Petroleum says it has scored a hit in its first every exploration well offshore Sabah, East Malaysia.

Tarap-1 in block SB303 has discovered gas in a stratigraphic trap, says Lundin, that includes five independently sealed, stacked Miocene sands. Gross total vertical pay is about 150 m (492 ft).

The well was directionally drilled to a measured depth of 2,675 m (8,776 ft) in 70 m (230 ft) water depth.

The rig now moves to drill the Cempulut prospect, also in SB303, the second well in Lundin Petroleum’s five-well drilling campaign in Malaysia in 2011.

Lundin Petroleum holds a 75% interest in SB303 through its subsidiary Lundin Malaysia BV. Lundin Malaysia BV's partner is PETRONAS Carigali Sdn Bhd with the remaining 25%.

07/12/2011

More in Drilling & Completion