Hess hits deepwater pay off Ghana

Hess gas has discovered oil and gas condensate in the Deepwater Tano/Cape Three Points license offshore Ghana.

Offshore staff

NEW YORK – Hess gas has discovered oil and gas condensate in the Deepwater Tano/Cape Three Points license offshore Ghana.

The Paradise-1 well, drilled to a TD of 16,436 ft (5,009 m) in a water depth of 6,038 ft (1,840 m) encountered 490 net ft (149 m) of pay over three separate intervals.

Hess says it will evaluate the results and work with Ghana National Petroleum Corp and the government of Ghana to plan future appraisal drilling. Hess has a 90% operating interest in the license, with GNPC holding the remaining 10%.

06/07/2011

More in Drilling & Completion