Total reports oil discovery offshore Nigeria

Total E&P Nigeria Ltd. has discovered oil in the southeast corner of its Oil Mining Lease 102 65 km (40 mi) offshore in 80 m (262 ft) of water.

Offshore staff

PARIS – Total E&P Nigeria Ltd. has discovered oil in the southeast corner of its Oil Mining Lease 102 65 km (40 mi) offshore in 80 m (262 ft) of water.

Well Etisong North-1 reached TD of 2,387 m (7,831 ft) and tested at 8,500 b/d of 40° API oil. Total says this is the second discovery in the lease after Etisong Main in 2008.

OML 102 is operated by Total E&P Nigeria with 40%. NNPC holds the remaining 60%.

11/07/2011

More in Drilling & Completion