HOUSTON -- Logan Tools has introduced the hydraulic, motor-driven Logan 120-ton (109-metric ton) power swivel with offshore package. According to the company, the new product provides smooth, accurately controlled, shock-free rotary power for fishing, workover, and coring operations.
Product features include:
• Closed-loop hydraulic system with variable displacement, reversible over-center pumps, and air or electric controls
• Rated to support tensile pipe loads of 120 tons (109 metric tons) at zero rpm and 65 tons dynamic load at 100 rpm
• Can be operated from the power unit or remotely
• Maximum operating speed of 150 rpm.
• Pressure compensating-type torque control overrides the speed control to maintain maximum torque at 8,100-ft lb.
• An integral rotary swivel bearing, floating washpipe assembly, and gooseneck connection eliminating the need for a separate rotary swivel
• A 2-3/4-in. (7-cm) bore gooseneck and washpipe assembly allowing circulation through the 2-11/16-in. (6.8-cm) ID stem while rotating or in static mode
• Packages are available either trailer-mounted (gooseneck) or skid-mounted.