FEED for Reindeer

Front-end engineering and design (FEED) studies are under way for the Reindeer gas field in the Carnarvon basin offshore Western Australia.

Offshore staff

ADELAIDE, Western Australia -- Front-end engineering and design (FEED) studies are under way for the Reindeer gas field in the Carnarvon basin offshore Western Australia.

FEED studies will focus on the preferred development option, which consists of an unmanned platform with a pipeline to a new gas processing facility to be located on the mainland.

Proposed production capacity is approximately 110 Terajoules/day (101 MMcf/d) sales gas, with first gas targeted for mid-2010, Santos says.

Apache Energy operates the Reindeer field with 55% interest. Santos Pty. Ltd. has the remaining 45%.

8/23/2007

More in Equipment Engineering