WILLIS, Texas -- R&M Energy Systems has launched a new line of rod guides for progressing cavity downhole pumping applications. The New Era Pathfinder High Performance Rod Guides extend the life of the rods and tubing, reduce pressure drop and premature wear from sand, increase production, and reduce costs, the company says.
The spin-thru design of the New Era Pathfinder rod guide allows fluid to flow through four distinct channels that are molded directly into the rod guide sleeve. This flow path reduces pressure drop by allowing fluid to flow through the rod guide rather than limiting flow to the space around it, the company says. In sandy applications, this active flow path keeps solids from embedding between the rotating sleeve and the stationary guide to reduce premature rod guide wear.
The new rod guides also reduce the torque that is generated by the mechanical and hydraulic friction of conventional rod guides that are fixed to the rotating rod string.
Additional features and benefits include:
• Spin-thru design consisting of a four-channeled inside sleeve and a separate, three-fin stationary outside sleeve
• Fits rod sizes from 0.6 to 1 in. (1.5 to 2.5 cm) and tubing sizes from 2.9 to 3.5 in. (7.3 to 8.9 cm)
• Handles temperatures to 180° F (88° C)
• Ideal for sandy well conditions
• Extra material added to offset channels and R&M Energy’s proprietary SanGard material increase guide life
New line of rod guides launched for downhole pumping applications
R&M Energy Systems has launched a new line of rod guides for progressing cavity downhole pumping applications.