The Offshore Technology Conference (OTC) has announced 15 winners for its inaugural Spotlight on New Technology program. These winners are recognized before, during, and after the 35th annual OTC, May 3-6, Reliant Center at Reliant Park in Houston.
Winners and their submissions are listed below in alphabetical order:
• ABB Offshore Systems, VIEC - Vessel Internal Electrostatic Coalescer
• Baker Hughes INTEQ, TesTrak
• Baker Hughes INTEQ, Acoustic Properties eXplorer (APX)
• CDS Separation Technologies, Inline Deliquidizer
• Epcon Offshore AS, Epcon CFU Technology
• FMC Kongsberg Subsea, Riserless Light Well Intervention
• Halliburton, GeoTap Formation Pressure Tester
• Halliburton, DepthStar Tubing Retrievable Subsurface Safety Valve
• Natco Group Inc., VersaFlo Single Cell Compact Vertical Column Flotation
• Ocean Design Inc., FACT (Field Assembled Cable Termination)
• Perkin Elmer, Centurion Seals, Centurion Swivel Seal
• Schlumberger, seismic VISION, Seismic While Drilling
• Superior Energy Services, CoilTAC (Coil Thrust And Carry)
• Tracerco, The TRACERCO Profiler
• Weatherford/eProduction Solutions, Simply Intelligent (multi-zone intelligent completion system).
"We are excited about the response to the introduction of the Spotlight on New Technology program," Rod Allan, OTC .04 chairman said. "The companies that are involved in the offshore industry are incredibly innovative, as they have to be, due to the technical challenge inherent in producing oil and natural gas at ever-increasing water depths in more remote locations."
Applications for the Spotlight on New Technology were distributed at OTC .03 and were due Jan. 9, 2004. Submissions had to meet four criteria: new and innovative, proven, broad interest, and significant impact.
Winners will be recognized on site at this year's conference on the exhibition floor and in the registration area. Spotlight on New Technology will continue as an annual recognition program coinciding with OTC.