Petronas awarded two blocks offshore Mozambique

The Government of Mozambique has awarded Petronas and Empresa Nacional de Hidrocarbonetos de Moçambique (ENH) the exploration and production concession contract (EPCC) for two exploration blocks.

Offshore staff

PEMBA, Mozambique -- The Government of Mozambique has awarded Petronas and Empresa Nacional de Hidrocarbonetos de Moçambique (ENH) the exploration and production concession contract (EPCC) for two exploration blocks.

The EPCC for offshore blocks 3 and 6 was signed by Petronas' wholly-owned subsidiary PC Mozambique (Rovuma Basin) (PCMRB) with ENH and the Government of Mozambiqueon on Oct. 10.

Under the terms of the EPCC, PCMRB will hold a 90% interest in both blocks, which are located in the Rovuma basin, while ENH will own the remaining 10% interest. PCMRB has been designated the operator for the blocks.

During the first phase of the exploration period, PCMRB will reprocess 150 line km (93 mi) of 2D seismic data and acquire 7,000 line km (4,350-mi) of 2D seismic data and 120 samples of geo-chem cores.

10/14/2008

More in Company News