NEW ORLEANS – FMC Technologies is discussing the latest features and applications of its Schilling Robotics UHD-III ROV at the Subsea Tieback Forum & Exhibition being held at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center in New Orleans.
FMC says that the UHD-III is capable of arduous tasks that require significant power to lift, position, and install subsea field equipment. All aspects of field construction can be undertaken with ease, and the advanced automatic piloting modes provide the most precise and stable platform for performing intervention and survey operations.
Officials added that UHD-III meets API 53 standards for BOP intervention with RAM closure in less than 45-seconds.
Other capabilities include:
- Hydraulic power to 250-hp; Auxiliary power to 150-hp
- Optimizes work performance with automatic power efficiency management
- More space for tools and instruments than comparable ROVs
- Increases ROV pilot efficiency through intuitive ROV control interface, automated navigation, and positioning systems
- Customer configurable, modular control system simplifies tooling integration
- Dedicated propulsion and tooling hydraulic circuits that optimize ROV and tooling performance
- 60-minute or less rapid maintenance design.