Shallow-water Hail oil field goes onstream offshore Abu Dhabi

Cosmo Abu Dhabi Energy Exploration & Production Co. has produced first oil from the Hail field offshore Abu Dhabi.

Offshore staff

MADRID, Spain – Cosmo Abu Dhabi Energy Exploration & Production Co. has produced first oil from the Hail field offshore Abu Dhabi.

Cepsa and Cosmo created the company in 2014 to operate in Abu Dhabi and pursue other opportunities in the UAE. It is also the largest shareholder in ADOC, which owns the concession.

Hail is the fourth offshore oil field onstream in the concession following Mubarraz, Umm Al-Anbar, and Neewat Al-Ghalan. All are in shallow waters west of Abu Dhabi and were respectively put into production in 2017, 1973, 1989, and 1995.

Hail, which is adjacent to these fields, makes use of existing facilities. The development infrastructure is based on an artificial island linked via a subsea pipeline to production and export facilities on Mubarraz Island, and includes 10 producing wells.

ADOC acquired Hail under a 30-year renewal of the concession for the existing oil fields granted in December 2012.

Thereafter the company commissioned a 3D seismic survey, drilled appraisal wells, reclaimed land for the new artificial island, constructed other facilities, and drilled new wells.

Cepsa has a 20% stake in Cosmo Abu Dhabi Energy Exploration & Production Co., the other 80% is held by Japan’s Cosmo Oil.

11/09/2017

More in Production