Lundin spuds Bertam-2 offshore Malaysia

Lundin Petroleum has spudded the Bertam-2 appraisal well in the PM307 Production Sharing Contract (PSC) offshore Peninsular Malaysia.

Offshore staff

STOCKHOLM, Sweden – Lundin Petroleum has spudded the Bertam-2 appraisal well in the PM307 Production Sharing Contract (PSC) offshore Peninsular Malaysia.

Plans are for the jackup Offshore Courageous to drill to a TD of 1,888 m (6,194 ft) to appraise and test Oligocene lower coastal plain sandstones.

The Bertam field was discovered by the Bertam-1 well drilled in 1995. Bertam-1 discovered oil in the K10 sandstone reservoir and flowed 34°API oil at a rate of 624 b/d of oil on a short-term production test.

Bertam-2 is located to the northeast of the Bertam-1 discovery well in 76 m (249 ft) water depth and aims to test the continuity and quality of the K10 oil reservoir and also explore the potential of deeper sands in an independent closure on the northern side of the structure.

PM307 is operated by Lundin Malaysia BV with 75% equity interest. Partner PETRONAS Carigali Sdn. Bhd. has the remaining 25%.

12/08/2011

More in Drilling & Completion