HOUSTON –The Research Partnership to Secure Energy for America (RPSEA) has released the first of several 2011 Ultra-Deepwater Program requests for proposals (RFPs) to award $15 million in offshore oil and natural gas research and development projects. Each RFP will have its own issue and due dates.
The following is a list of the various focus areas for this initial RFP:
1. Human Factors Evaluation of Deepwater Drilling, Including Literature Review
2. Obstruction Remediation Without the Ballistic Plug Effect
3. Construction and Testing of Deepwater Permanent Subsea Pressure Compensated Chemical Reservoir
4. Layered Measurement System in Drilling Mud for Early Kick Detection
5. Instrumented BOP Ram: Drill Collar/Tool Joint Locator
6. Advanced Borehole Seismic Technology for Deepwater Drilling.
Funding is through the U.S. Department of Energy’s Ultra-Deepwater and Unconventional Natural Gas and Other Petroleum Resources Research and Development Program.
The first of the RFPs was released July 20, 2012, and the due date is September 18, 2012.