WILLIS -- R&M Energy Systems has released a new Positive Closure.
According to the company, the Positive Closure uses the fluid pressure in the pipeline or vessel to secure the door of the hub. The sealing force increases with the increase in fluid pressure for a secure seal. The Positive Closure uses only the amount of force needed to secure the door, even under varying pressure conditions or at times when there is no internal fluid pressure at all.
Other pipeline closures have locking mechanisms that often exceed the pressure force in order to prevent the fluid from leaking into the environment.
The Positive Closure features:
- A fast opening design for quick and easy operation
- A positive sealing process for optimal safety
- The capability to handle a wide range of pressures up to 15,000 psi (103 MPa)
- Door travel customized to suit application
- Standard materials of construction made to ASTM specifications and permitted under ASME Section VIII, Division 1, Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code