ABERDEEN, UK -- Downhole Products (DHP) has modified its Pen-O-Trator line of reamer shoes with the inclusion of an enhanced aluminum nose with pre-stressed zones on the exterior surface.
The design modification assists in the break-up of the reamer shoe’s aluminum nose during drill out of the shoe-track following cementing. The engineered pattern of stress zones allows the aluminum to fracture into small pieces when the drill bit encounters the inside of the nose. The smaller pieces are more easily milled, drilled, and evacuated from the wellbore, the company says.
The Pen-O-Trator product line also includes:
• Surge reduction enhancement
• Penetration by reaming past obstructions with or without rotation
• Integral float valve – spec API (RP) 10F CAT 111C
• Anti-aggressive left hand blades
• Optional integral low torque centralizer
• Dynamically positioned circulating ports for effective hole cleaning.
DHP Pen-O-Trator reamer shoes are available in sizes ranging from 6-5/8 to 20 in. (17 to 51 cm).
Downhole Products modifies Pen-O-Trator reamer shoes
Downhole Products (DHP) has modified its Pen-O-Trator line of reamer shoes with the inclusion of an enhanced aluminum nose with pre-stressed zones on the exterior surface.