IHS launches New Zealand energy data portfolio
IHS Inc. has announced the launch of its comprehensive energy data portfolio on New Zealand, which includes open-file digital seismic and well log data.
EPSOM, UK -- IHS Inc. has announced the launch of its comprehensive energy data portfolio on New Zealand, which includes open-file digital seismic and well log data.
The portfolio is the result of collaboration between IHS and the Crown Mineral Group of New Zealand, the governmental department that manages the country's oil, gas, minerals, and coal resources.
"This data portfolio presents a comprehensive picture of subsurface New Zealand," says Peter O'Shea, IHS senior director of international business development. "It offers significant value to explorationists, business development executives, and new ventures teams by providing a one-stop source for information, saving considerable time, effort and research costs."
IHS is offering this data portfolio in separate sections or as an entire package covering:
• East Coast-North Island – A collection of seismic lines, which were shot on behalf of Crown Minerals in Feb. 2005. The 05CM 2-D survey acquired 2,958 line km (1,838 mi) of new data.
• Great South Basin – The DUN06 2D survey acquired 3,160 line km (1,964 mi) of newly migrated seismic data
• Northland (Block PEP38602) – A package of 2D seismic from a survey shot in Nov. 1995 on behalf of Conoco Northland Ltd.
• Offshore Northland – Seismic shot in 1982 that includes 20 lines available in SEGY format.
• West of Taranaki – In 2001, the Astrolabe 2D survey acquired 6,440-line km (4,002 mi) of new data in workstation-ready SEGY data
• Maui 3D seismic – A comprehensive set of 3D data covering the giant Maui field, New Zealand's largest producing field, in the offshore Taranaki basin.
The IHS portfolio meets a critical market need for exploration in New Zealand, the company says.
"IHS has collated scanned images of the New Zealand well logs with onshore and offshore data. With this tool, investors are able to assess exploration and field partnership opportunities in the region and IHS has the expertise and insight to advise them on those opportunities," O'Shea says.
IHS provides integrated exploration and production information, software, consulting services, and industry insight to oil and gas companies worldwide.