DHAHRAN, Saudi Arabia -- Flowserve Corp. and Al-Rushaid Group have announced the grand opening of the largest pump manufacturing, repair, and testing facility in the Middle East.
The facility is designed to support customers in the oil and gas, petrochemical, power, water, desalination, chemical, and other industries.
The facility features hydraulics testing and is capable of certified testing to both API and international standards, for both horizontal and vertical pumps. The facility will allow customers to verify equipment performance, or diagnose and correct problems.
Future expansion plans include the Middle East's first hydraulics training center, which will feature, classrooms, along with static and dynamic laboratories, the companies say. Planned classes include basic hydraulics theory, advanced maintenance, repair and technical services, and hands-on training opportunities.
• 11,500 sq m (123,000 sq ft)
• Employs more than 100 people
• Full lifecycle equipment management including LifeCycle Advantage programs to reduce the total cost of ownership and improve operating efficiency
• Upfront services such as product selection, installation, and commissioning
• Field performance testing and monitoring (including high-energy pumps to ensure system and energy efficiency)
• On-site commissioning and repairs, laser alignments, technical services, and training
• Off-site maintenance and repair services; product overhauls, re-rates and upgrades
• Pump power end exchange programs for pumps complying with industry-standard specifications, such as ISO-ANSI-API
• Test capabilities (including high-pressure applications) up to 6,000 kilowatts (8,000 horsepower)
• General machine shop services including seal lapping
• Materials selection and upgrades including hardening, welding and overlay services
• Mechanical seal overhauls and hydrotesting
• Future training center will occupy 1,500 sq m (16,000 sq ft)
"We are very pleased to work with Flowserve to open this facility, which is designed to support major customers within Saudi Arabia and the surrounding Arabian Gulf countries," says Sheikh Abdullah Al-Rushaid, chairman, of Al-Rushaid Group. "Together with Flowserve, we will help customers optimize plant uptime and develop ways to control their operating, maintenance, and related costs."