Development plan for offshore India block NEC-25 goes to review

Offshore staff

CALGARY, Canada – Niko Resources Ltd. (TSX:NKO) has submitted to the government of India its field development plan for offshore block NEC-25.

While awaiting response, an independent reservoir engineering firm is doing a reserves and economic evaluation of the block.

The block covers almost 3.6 million acres (1.45 million sq km) including a deltaic channel complex in the Bengal basin.

Reliance Industries Ltd. (OTN:RLNIY) is operator with 90% working interest. Niko holds the remaining 10%.


Related Articles

Iona negotiating farm-out of Orlando in North Sea

Aug 28, 2015

Iona Energy expects cost for the Orlando tieback to the Ninian Central platform in the UK northern North Sea during 2015-2016 to be reduced from $215 million to $192 million. 

Tap signs PSC for block offshore Myanmar

Aug 27, 2015

Tap Oil has formalized its debut as an operator offshore Myanmar.

Total strikes deal for stakes in UK offshore gas trunklines

Aug 27, 2015 Total has agreed to sell its interests in the FUKA and SIRGE gas pipelines in the UK North Sea and the St. Fergus Gas Terminal north of Aberdeen to North Sea Midstream Partners for £585 million ($9...

Aminex receives more time to assess deepwater leads offshore Tanzania

Aug 26, 2015

Tanzania’s Ministry of Energy and Mines has agreed to defer Aminex’s obligation to drill two exploration wells in the offshore Nyuni Area.

Israel grants extension for Alon licenses

Aug 26, 2015

Delek Group says Israel’s Ministry of Energy and Water Resources has granted an extension to two offshore licenses.

Trending News

Online exclusive: Woodside to drill up to three wells in the Beagle subbasin

Oct 2, 2015

Woodside Petroleum has announced plans to drill up to three wells in the emerging Beagle subbasin as part of its bid to rejuvenate its North West Shelf portfolio.

Nalcor driven study finds huge potential offshore Newfoundland and Labrador

Oct 2, 2015

The government of Newfoundland and Labrador, Nalcor Energy, and Beicip-Franlab have announced that the “in place” oil and gas resource potential is 12 Bbbl of oil and 113 tcf of gas for 2015 license round area offshore Newfoundland and Labrador.

EMGS, BOA agree on new terms for charter agreements

Oct 2, 2015

Electromagnetic Geoservices ASA has signed an extended charter agreement for BOA’s seabed logging vessel BOA Thalassa at new commercial terms.


Technip secures another subsea contract for the Stones development in the GoM

Oct 2, 2015

Technip has received a contract from Shell Offshore for the development of subsea infrastructure for the Stones project.

UK oil and gas firms are missing opportunities on collaboration, says Deloitte

Oct 2, 2015

Deloitte’s recent survey of oil and gas operators and oilfield services companies has found that a lack of effective supply chain collaboration means companies are missing out on maximizing the potential value from the UK continental shelf.

Digital Magazine
Look Inside
Current Issue
Click to view the Offshore Learning Center

Oil & Gas Jobs

Search More Job Listings >>